Saturday 19 August 2017

Already August.

It's been a long time since I've opened my blog, it's been a very strange year. I've had to completely re-create my life, being home all day having retired but most difficult being without my best friend of 48 yrs. I'm basically rebuilding my life, I'm learning how to occupy my time with things I want to do rather than go to work every day, and this would be huge fun if I still had my "partner-in-crime" to share the days with. I have other friends who have been wonderful but there's still a gaping hole.

At the moment I seem to be re- visiting interests that took a back seat because of my job. I have continues to knit baby clothes for charity, but I've been getting the urge to revisit patchwork or maybe applique. I haven't actually got further than washing and ironing the fabric,ready to start something but the seed's been sewn . So many ideas running around my head I can't decide where to start. I did briefly, revisit a quilt I started a couple of years ago, and hand-sew some squares together but the hand sewing drove me crazy, so whatever it is I'll be doing it by machine.

Another long time interest has come back to tempt me and that's my garden. I've been clearing the front garden and plan to turn it into  crazy cottage explosion of colour! Well that's the plan, I've started clearing it, and ordered some old-style cottage plants and I'm actually getting quite excited about it, with it being Spring it's the perfect time to start. It's been good to do something physical and feel tired but content at the end of the day. I've also replanted up all my pots on the deck so I'm looking forward to an explosion of colour out there in the next couple of months.

Scrap-booking comes and goes with me at the moment, I feel like I've done it all and can't really get enthusiastic about it which is sad cos I really want to do it but am devoid of new ideas, does anyone else have this problem? I'd love get some new ideas and find my mojo, cos it's something I love to lose myself in.

So that's about it at the moment, oh except that the big excitement is my darling niece is getting married next year, so that's going to be a trip to Australia. I'm excited and apprehensive at the same time( I don't like flying), but I'm definitely going to be there for my baby, wouldn't miss it for the world.










No comments: