Friday 20 October 2017

A Lemonade Day!

We all know the old saying : " WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE", well I had a "lemonade" day yesterday. The day before somehow my front side window in my car was smashed! Have no idea how, but I went outside to talk to the guy who does my lawn and we noticed that it was broken. Glass all through the car and and all over the footpath.  I have now decided that a stone had flown up from the mower and over the fence and "Bang", but I actually have no idea that this is what happened. 
So anyway to get it fixed, well after ringing around glass repairers I found one who could fit me yesterday, naively, I thought they'd come and get the car, but ah no,  I had to take the car to them yesterday. So there I was gingerly getting into this glass showered car, brushing down the drivers seat and hoping I didn't get glass somewhere painful and off I went.
I dropped it off in the Industrial area of Dunedin and they said " Ok cool, come back in a couple of hours!"   Great what to do now..... but I started walking and arrived at Mitre 10 Mega! Well I had a wander around their house ware department, they have some gorgeous stuff actually, and then into their atrium style cafe. I sat looking out into the garden and enjoyed a cinnamon scroll and a beautiful coffee, this is actually a fabulous cafe in the middle of an industrial wilderness. 
I explored their house -ware department and fell in love with quite a few pieces but managed to convince myself that this probably wasn't the best day to shop. So I started my walk back, the sun was shining and it was getting quite hot, it started to feel like this was quite a long way after-all. I sat down on a grass area in front of a building and looked down the street and realised that I didn't have far to go all, just to the end of the street. So off I went, as I turned the corner I could see my car parked in front of the building and YES! it was finished. As I walked into the courtyard one of the guys came out and said " Oh good we were just going to ring you, we're all finished and we vacuumed the inside for you so there's no glass to clean up".  At this point I wondered how he'd react if this old lady threw her arms around him and kissed him, but sanity prevailed (phew) and I thanked him profusely and got into the car, put the key into the ignition and with a big smile on my face, I drove off!!!!!
A lovely "Lemonade" day I'd say.


No comments: